Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Praise Alert

Today I found out that a specific prayer we had prayed for in my Monday morning prayer group just yesterday had been answered. We've actually had many prayers answered over the last 2 years. There's just no greater feeling than when you know without a doubt that God heard and responded to your prayers.

It occurred to me though that we don't always acknowledge (especially in public) "God listened and answered my prayer!" I wish we could be more open and give God the glory He so deserves. How cool would it be if we posted "Praise Alerts" here on our blog each time God responded to one of our prayers? 

Keeping a prayer journal is a great way to go back months and even years later to see how God answered prayers that we were unable to see or understand at the time. I believe God longs to hear our prayers and respond to them. His answers may not always be what we expect, so it helps to try and see things from His perspective. Have you had any "Praise Alerts" of your own lately?

                   
I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God.
Bend down and listen as I pray.  Psalm 17:6

2 comments:

  1. Praise Alert: God has been listening and is listening. I found a heart box in my Valentine decor and it had "worries or prayers" in it. I was able to crumple up half of them!! Oh, and good things are happening! Yes today, it's a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge praise alert today!!! I was headed to the Colonnade and traveling on HWY 280. I merged into the farthest right lane even though there are 2 lanes that turn right. As soon as I came around the corner an SUV was in the lane that I had been in just seconds before, coming at me head on! I thank God that He kept me out of harms way.

    ReplyDelete